Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm no good without..........

I thought it would be fun to list the things my day is incomplete without. So here goes. I'm no good without......

1) ...the three main men in my life around me. I know I complain sometimes and wish I could escape it all for a while now and then, but I'm no good without my family.

2) ...my morning and evening cups of Darjeeling.

3) ...my morning newspapers. Has to be more than one. Two at the very least.

4) ...my daily newspaper Sudoku, word jumble and a few other puzzles. I get restless and a little irritable if I haven't completed this ritual.

5) ...an ongoing creative project. It could be a painting, a blog/article, a sweater I'm knitting, a candle I'm making. There has to be something. Otherwise I feel like I'm coming unhinged.

6) ...a periodic intake of nictone. It's terrible, I know. Have resolved to reform soon. But it hasn't happened yet. It will though. Thankfully I'm under tremendous pressure from my children to quit.

7) ...a few minutes at the computer, catching up with friends around the world.

8) ...my morning yoga. There are days when it doesn't happen, but those days see my patience wearing thin and guilt clawing at my insides. Like this Saturday morning. Maybe in the evening. But it is so bloody hot! Let's see.

9) ...music.

10) ...my evening dose of comedy on television. No day is complete without a good laugh towards the end.

11) ...at least one bear hug from my kids.

12) ...thanking a higher power for the life I have. I'm not ritualistic, but not an atheist either. I do believe we should give thanks to a higher being for the series of coincidences or twists of fate that have shaped the lives we lead, the choices we made along the way. I seem to have made the right ones, and for that I am grateful.

I think that completes my list. Tell me what you can't do without.

No comments:

Post a Comment